Freddie Mac Sponsors Free Workshops – Coming Home Again
Designing, Financing and Administering First-Time Home Buyer Programs
Are you a non-profit housing program manager or counselor, government official or program administrator, housing developer, loan officer or real estate agent?
Coming Home Again is a new, comprehensive, one-day training event in support of local initiatives that expand home ownership opportunities for underserved households and buyers in distressed markets.
Much has changed in the affordable home ownership field including new mortgage products, regulatory requirements, underwriting tools, and subsidy approaches. Freddie Mac, along with several industry partners, is offering this series of free, interactive workshops to support local housing professionals as they work to measurably increase homeownership opportunities for low- to moderate-income and other underserved households in neighborhoods left behind in the economic recovery.
Workshop topics include:
- Identify and overcome 13 obstacles to home ownership
- Understand layered financing and how to best incorporate housing subsidies in home ownership transactions
- Learn how to creatively help underserved households to become mortgage-ready
- Access the new flexible Affordable Mortgage products
- Increase synergies among lenders, real estate professionals, public agencies, and nonprofit providers
Learn more about Freddie Mac’s Home Possible® Mortgages
Home Possible® mortgages offer low down payments for low- to moderate-income homebuyers or buyers in high-cost or underserved communities.