NCST Community Partner Atlanta Neighborhood Development Partnership (ANDP) purchased this Fannie Mae NSI property and invested just under $155,000 in total renovations. Originally built in 1965, this 1,932-square-foot home has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. ANDP marketed the house with a priority period for veterans and income-qualified buyers. They successfully sold the home to a single mother Air Force veteran who qualified for ANDP’s Veterans Housing Program. Additionally, ANDP provided $7,500 in seller-paid closing costs to their new homebuyer.
ANDP focused on green and healthy rehab requirements, using low-VOC paint and flooring throughout the home. They also:
- Updated the kitchen, including a rebuilt island, new cabinets, fixtures, and all new Energy Star appliances;
- Converted an old ADA-compliant bathroom into a standard bathroom;
- Added a hallway bathroom;
- Replaced the home’s old windows, doors, and ceiling fans;
- Removed two large trees;
- Removed and re-poured the driveway;
- Installed a new garage door; and
- Rebuilt the attached backyard deck.